PokemonMs,,,

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
PokemonMs,,,

PokemonMS Learn the world

Jason's GM Application

Jason

Jason's GM Application Empty Jason's GM Application

Post  Jason Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:10 am

Name: Jason

Time Zone/Location: GMT - 8 Toronto, Ontario Canada

Email/IM: drager(dot)19(at)hotmail(dot)com

In-Game-Name: Jason

1. Why do you want to be a GM? I know that there are many others in line for the GM position. But to be honest, most of their true intention of being a GM is to just have power. Sure having power can be fun at times, but their biggest intentions isn’t really set on helping other game-playing experience become more enjoyable. I can’t say that I’ll be picked right away, and I won’t try to bribe with promises I can’t keep either. There are many things I can’t do, however, I can promise that I will be there when someone needs me, and I’ll be quick to satisfy people questions. I’ve been around Maplestory since 2006; v.24 so I basically know the game inside out. I know where all the NPC are, all the monsters, most of their drops, and I can help a person who’s fairly new find their way into enjoying the game even more. I am friendly, easy-going, and very helpful. I’m willing to put a lot of time and effort in all I do here at
    . I’m also open to criticism and advices that anyone gives me. I’ll listen to it, and take it into consideration to help better myself. I am very easy to get along with, and I’m not quick to get angry if someone doesn’t understand something. If you give me the chance, you won’t regret it.

Personally, I love helping others, even in real life. I have a big heart, and I want to share it with the PokemonMS community. I want to be able to help everyone enjoy this game, and of course make it the top private server. I want to be the GM everyone will remember for being nice, friendly, and loving. I’m willing to be there to support the server until the day it shuts down. I’m also a big money spender, and I won’t hesitate in donating for PokemonMS one day if it really needed. I’ll donate in some money when I can to keep the server up and running.

2. What could you contribute to the server if you were to become a GM? First off I would contribute all my skills including my experience in the moderator position and intern position. In game: I would host a event every day if possible and would help the new people in game.
    Forum: I would do weekly events on the forum too. I would try to solve all of the questions on the forum, and be on the chat if anyone needs help. ? Frequently, I help the server in any way. I calmly fix the problem, for example, scamming. I usually report the scammer, but if it's not a totally big problem, I would just calmly tell the person to give back the item. In this case, if I am GM, if I truly feel that the person should get a ban, or a warning to scare them off from scamming, I will do that. For a hacker, I will let the person explain, but if I do not find it convincing, I will ban him/her. I can host/help people host events, and I will try to do that very often because I feel the server needs more events. I usually solve problems by calmly stopping the person/reporting. I will not be mean, or scary. I never give up, I never stop asking them questions and asking them to stop. Once they have agreed, or a GM scares them off into not doing it again, I will stop. I also give out advice and information to new players. Usually I do not start the conversation, I let them do the talking, and I answer all their questions. Examples are "What are Rares?" and "What are BOPs?" and "Where can I get NX?"

3. How would you deal with a Hacker? ? I would first make sure that the person is a hacker. If the person ends up being a hacker without out hesitation I would ban the person and if the other GM's ask for proof I would take a screenshot or use Fraps.

4. How would you deal with a spammer/abuser? If it were to be a minor spam, (most likely to happen) I would give a warning and if they did a minor spam again I would ban them. My meaning of minor spam is 20-30 spams. Major spam is 50-100 if they exceed that level of spamming. you will be guaranteed a ban, unless of coarse you have a very good explanation and if you have a good and reasonable unban request.
    if they were abusing a command for example if someone were to harass another player I would take that player and warp them in a room and talk to them and if they don't listen after to what I said, I will give them a ban or warning depending on their limit of harassment.

5. How would you use the !item command? I would use the !item command for a lot of my personal uses. Another thing I would use it for is events, I will never lend or give anything to anyone unless a GM or Admin asks me for something.

6. Have you ever been a MapleStory GM before? If yes list your references and etc. I have been a GM in the following server
    AztecStory: from 1-2 weeks has been shutdown because of various reasons
    CrazyStory: 4-8 months I lost maplestory because my computer broke and when I went to the website it said got shutdown
    KabirMS: 1-6 hours I left because nobody would join only me and my cousin played
    FlyStory: 1-2 months The server got shutdown because the owner went to another server

7. Do you have any special skills that you could bring to the server? (e.g. coding, GFX, website development knowledge.) I don't really have anything YET. but I will be learning coding from ragezone in a week.

8. What type of events would you host?With what prize? how often? I would host my favorite event called "Tag" where I would use my attack skill to hit the other character that would kill them. My prize would usually be 5 box of presents or 5gwts.

If I don't host a tag event I would host a true or false event when there is a large variety of people and the prize depends on weather there are a lot of people, if there are 50-100 people I would make the prize and NX rare and if there are 20-50 people I would make the prize 10 box's of presents.

9. How many hours would you be willing to commit a week?
    Monday: 4-8
    Tuesday:4-8
    Wednesday: 4-8
    Thursday: 4-8
    Friday: 3-10
    Saturday: 10-3
    Sunday: 10-9

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 3:18 am